The last time i went to Atlantic City I did NOT go there on purpose. In fact, that fateful day I will never forget. I left a friends beach house in OCNJ around midnight because I wasn't feeling well. You know you HAVE to be home when you're sick. I just couldn't stand the thought of being sick at a stinking beach house so i left. Dumb as it may have been to try and drive home at midnight while sick, i did it. I got verbal directions from my friends dad and if you know me... that's a disaster waiting to happen. Which it did of course. GPS's have saved my life. I never know where i am. I don't even know which direction i'm going or where i am in relation to another place. I mean, is OCNJ north or south of Downingtown? Who knows? ok maybe everyone does, but i don't. It's like a learning disability.
Anywho, I started my journey home and lo and behold, ended up on the wrong road. I knew i was lost when i started to see Trump towers and tons of flashing lights. I called my parents who quickly jumped on google maps to help me verbally along the way... Good news! my phone died.......
I cried. I sat in my car driving on ramps past Trump Towers crying because i was tired, lost, and angry. I cry when i'm angry. it's great. I ended up stopping at a rest stop i stumbled upon somewhere and called my dad from a pay phone. Who does that!? I tried to get directions home from the burger king cashier who was useless. After i got off the phone with my dad who said he would come pick me up (i think i was two hours away) i went back to my car, reclined my seat, and took a nap. Gotta love dads :) I woke to a tap on my window and saw my dad standing there who wonderfully guided me home.
THAT is my first experience with Atlantic City. NOT good. hated it.
But.... last weekend, Atlantic City redeemed itself. Rob and I went down (or over or up, who the heck knows) with a bunch of friends and it was lovely :) Here are some fun times for you...
here's the gang. What a great bunch.
what's a girl to do on a long drive to AC? Play with Kit-Kats. Gosh darn i love Kit-Kat's. so yummy.
Where can you find Kelvie and Carolyn on a Saturday morning in Atlantic City? In the kitchen of course!
Yum Yum. I was the pancake girl, Carolyn was the egg girl. It worked out really well.
The gang on the beach. it was cold but it was fun.
These two are in L.O.V.E. and i love love. So i took pictures.
two great gals showing workin it on the beach.
Football with beer in hand... that's a tough game. Cheers.
Fives for a job well done? Maybe just fives for fun and encouragement.
Prom Photo. Christy loves prom.
Back at the house playing a little of that ball game. What is it called? with the balls and the ladder thing that you throw them at. I was awful. But Rob and Tim look great.
My friend Paulie from New York.
Christyyyy..... Don't fret, that bottle is about the size of christy's pinky finger. I just liked the way it looked :)
Amanda and Mike in front of the beach scene mural. Lookin' good, kids.
Everyone needs a band photo.
Like I said, they're in love. Plus Carolyn's sunglasses are so cute.
Ah, weekends with friends. Does the soul good.
You're lucky i gave you a second chance, Atlantic City. This time I was prepped with a husband who is just like a GPS so this time i didn't cry when i saw those Trump towers. I had fun with you. Maybe i'll go back again one day. But be warned, I will not go to your casino's again. They were so boring. I played a dollar in the slots and lost a dollar in return. Sorry Mr. Trump. NOT interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comment:
Love this post! Don't worry, I tried to come home from work in highschool ( a temp job that was in Malvern) and ended up calling dad saying, "You know the Happy Harry's store that we pass on the way to Stone Harbor...that's where I am....How do I get home?".....and he laughed hysterically and said, "HEATHER! you're in DELAWARE!" and proceeded to give me directions home. I love dad!! isn't he the best!
Post a Comment