Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A One Year Anniversary to Remember

I have to say... marriage is sweet! Robby and I have been married 1 year as of May 3rd.

To celebrate our 1 year, Rob surprised me with an overnight trip to the place we stayed on our wedding night. St. Peters Village Inn! It's the cutest place to stay for a night. I mean look at this place!

Fancy, huh?!

It was called the veranda room... wanna see why?

there's a veranda! that's right, our own veranda.

Before I move on... here's a small recap of our last visit to St. Peters Village.

We arrived at the Inn after our wedding at 11pm. It was so fun to walk in still wearing my wedding dress and being greeted by the sweetest lady who stayed late to let us in and show us our room. They even upgraded us to the best room they have with a california king sized bed. They are ginormous! and this is the part where i fast forward to the next day :)

You shouldn't be surprised that in all my wedding planning and packing I forgot to bring any "real" shoes for the next day. All i had were my wedding shoes which had simply rubbed my feet raw! You can see why.

So what's a girl to do when she has no shoes... Borrow her husbands!

I wear a size 5 in woman's and those are 11 mens. I looked like an idiot. But nothing can bring down a day old wife.

Sorry for the trip down memory lane.

It was the perfect weekend. Our first night was spent hanging out on the rocks...

and doing a lot of relaxing....
(ew. feet. i hate them.)

It was perfect.

We sat outside at the Inn for dinner. Apparently there was a wedding reception in another room so our food took forever... so they offered us a drink on the house :)

The next day we did a bit more exploring and it did not dissappoint. This little village is exactly that. A little village. Fully equipped with it's own adorable Bakery where we had our continental breakfast....

It really was so cute and i just loved every minute of it. Particularly this part. My chocolate croissant.

it was just. cute.

next, we got coffee to go and headed back to the rocks...

Rob titled this "coffee on the rocks"

We also found an antique arcade. We were the only ones there and every game was only a quarter. Rob didn't like the clown that greeted us.

My favorite game was this bowling game. we played 10 frames for a quarter!

I've never seen anything like it!

We spent a lot of time in this arcade. Who knew an arcade could be such a fun anniversary outing!

We even got prizes :)

Yes, it was a good anniversary. To top it all off we used our gift cards to go to the melting pot for dinner on Sunday. I ate so much there i had to recline the seat in the car on the way home. But that's what makes it fun, right?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Best writing yet!!! Such a fun post! Glad to see you're back :) That place looks AMAZING!!! Glad you love-birds had so much fun! Love you!

Anonymous said...

haha I LOVE your wedding shoe story--I did the same thing on our wedding/honeymoon, but luckily I wore sandals! :)