But the other day... his life changed for the better. I got a text from him which had a picture of his hands and a ball of dough. It was captioned.. "Alert the media! Scott Clark is making bread!!" He explained later that he loves bread so much and his roommate happened to know how to make bread (most likely a kid with no big sisters) so he went for it! I've never been so proud. and that says something. This is the kid who graduated high school with a 4.1, was the only Clark to get scholarships to college, and had already landed a post college job in September of his senior year of college. Yeah... he's the special one. My sisters and I (while we have winning personalities, big hearts, and can bake mean cookies) weren't exactly the accomplishing types. Ok scratch that, my one sister has a masters and the other got accepted into a special nursing program that only takes 40 people at a time. But i'm just SAYING my brother is pretty awesome. Probably the best brother I could have.
All that to say... he inspired me. He inspired me to get out my big bowl, dish towel, flour and yeast. So who did I turn to but Dorie Greenspan. Still loving my new Baking: From My Home to Yours cookbook.
I should also mention that God also wanted me to bake some bread. The recipe called for 1 and 1/4 cup of whole milk. LOOK how much whole milk was left in my fridge. That, my friends, is EXACTLY 1 and 1/4 cup of whole milk. Divine Intervention.
This is her Raisin Swirl Bread recipe. But i'm not a fan of raisins in my baking so I didn't use them. Is that weird? I hope not. It was delicious. So I'm renaming it Cinnamon Swirl Bread!
Thank you for your inspiration, Brother.
Oh, almost forgot... sidenote: I made my first Roast Chicken. I think i'm officially a wife!






2 comments:
that roast chicken looks divine!
your cooking is amazing....
I laughed for like ten minutes at that divine intervention comment. and then I made Fritz read it. The bread looks amazing and I want that chicken now.
Post a Comment