Sunday, April 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie.... Oh Thank Heaven.

 
I have to share this baking experience because it turned out to be one of the most delicious recipes I've ever used! Oh, the peanut butter, the chocolate, the bananas, the cream, the graham cracker crust. All of those things alone are to die for.... all of them together.... goodness in it's purest form.



It all started with a hankering. A hankering for something delicious and high calorie :) This was just the ticket. Joy the Baker's Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie. Everyone loves peanut butter on bananas and even more people love chocolate on bananas and to combine the two into a pie is genious! Enjoy the view, friends...

I started to make the pie and couldn't handle having patience so of course i had to go in my fridge and get myself a snack while I spent time baking... I indulged on these crumby lemon cream bars i made 2 days ago. I. love. lemon.

first off.... crust. It was a honey graham craker crust which means I must chop up tons of graham crackers. This girl forgot to put a food processor on her wedding registry last year. The result... a tired arm.

here we are.... graham crackers, butter, salt, and sugar.

I got fancy and bought myself some organic dark chocolate. It was less cause it was organic and more cause it came in adorable 1 oz. packages!

melty melty

I could have used any peanut butter but i found this a few months back... peanut butter and honey. it's incredible.

Oh, i just love what's happening here. I didn't take a photo of it, but there is a layer of that melted dark chocolate beneath the peanut butter. things are looking more and more exciting!

On to the banana cream. At this point Rob walked in the kitchen and i had to slap his hand as he dipped his finger into this... sure it looks yellow like banana cream. Poor guy didn't realize it was just egg yolks and a ton of corn starch so far....

the final product..... ignore my chocolate shavings. My kitchen is a nook and gets so hot that my chocolate started to melt by the time i used it to make shavings. Less like shavings and more like chunks. Oh well. It was too dang delicious.






2 comments:

Heather said...

Send me some NOW. You are amazing!

Meredith said...

Oh my...I'm drooling! :) Seriously, can you make me one? It will be perfect because dan doesn't like peanut butter so it'll just be up to Me and Max to polish it off...which, sadly, could actually happen very easily :)