Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Cake

I made a birthday cake. I love birthdays and I love cakes. I showed you what a blast Rob's birthday party was. But what i didn't show you is what a blast making birthday party cake was. I love me some cake.


can't forget, though. Rob's favorite dessert right now is chocolate peanut butter banana cream pie which i've blogged about before. So guess what he asked for his actual birthday...

That's a happy birthday boy.

Now back to the party cake. Rob finally decided on lemon raspberry cake. It was a lemon cake with raspberry and lemon filling and a lemon butter cream icing.

So one Thursday night i got started on it at like 9pm. Why did i do that? i'm not sure. I think i just got excited. Here are my friends.

and here is my husband.

Eventually, Rob went to bed and i stayed up doing his cake. It was around the time my cake looked like this....
that Rob opened the bedroom door with those squinty i-just-woke-up-and-i'm-so'confused eyes and says "what is going on?" 
me - "nothing i'm doing your cake" 
rob- "what? wait.. what is going on? what time is it?" 
me- "12:30. i'm just doing your cake. what are you doing?" 
rob- "what? wait! I'M SO CONFUSED! what time is it?" 
me- "it's 12:30 at night! i'm up late doing your cake and you need to go back to bed." 
rob- "ok". 


Poor guy woke up at 12:30 am and could not figure for the life of him if it was day time or night time. Too much birthday excitement i guess. 




Now don't be fooled by it's external appearance. the inside looks horrendous. I tried to cut the layers to make it a 4 layer cake and i really did a terrible job. oh well! cake is cake and it was yummers.





Happy Birthday Robby!




1 comment:

Heather said...

that cake looked amazing!!!! welcome back to bloggin :)